By Brian LeGoff
See my news
Don’t know what to do this summer weekend? News Rennes has selected five ideas for outings and activities to do Saturday 6 and Sunday 7 August 2022. Labyrinth, collection of old cars and motorbikes, ornithological walks… The people of Rennes and Rennes will have plenty to keep busy during these two days.
Giant maze in a cornfield
This summer, the popcorn maze offers different ways every day to navigate this giant playground created in a cornfield at a place called La Châtaigneraie, northwest of Rennes.
With some giant wooden games to achieve, by thwarting the treasure hunt traps or even At nightfallit’s time to relax alone, with family or friends.
Every day from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., place called La Châtaigneraie, north-west of Rennes. from 4 to 99 years old. Prices: morning, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., 7 euros and afternoon, until closing, 8 euros per person. Free for children under one meter. For the escape game, 60 euros per game of 2 to 6 players. For night activities, from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., price of 9 euros per person.
Collection of vintage cars and motorcycles
To the nautical base of the Etangs d’Apigné, the Papa 35 association (Prestige and old car passion) organizes its monthly gathering of old, sports and prestige cars and motorcycles on Sunday. Of the historic, unusual or rare vehicles will be presented.
Sunday August 7, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Etangs d’Apigné nautical base, west of Rennes. Free admission. Catering on site: coffee – sausage cake – soft drinks.
Co-organized by Green Generation 21 (GV 21) and the League for the Protection of Birds (LPO), to finalize the photographic exhibition of Babas from GV21, Justine from the LPO invites you to learn more about the birds of the Parc aux Gayeulles as part of the “More nature in my neighborhood” program.
27th book night in Bécherel
From the afternoon until the dark night, the Night of the Book offers a program of entertainment and varied shows:
- Of the workshops (calligraphy, comics, origami, mosaic).
- Of the music for traveling;
- Of the tales in music or with puppets at the Maison du livre and in the gardens.
- A exhibition of old postcards to discover with a flashlight.
- A postal caravan to reinvent the art of keeping up to date, observing the sky with astronomy enthusiasts after dark…
The traditional book market settles all day in the old center to give everyone time to hunt in a morning or night atmosphere. The book market also continues on Sunday all day. the detailed program just below.
Saturday August 6, from 10 a.m. to midnight, Free event. Catering on site. Lines 82 Star network and line 7 BreizhGo from Rennes to Bécherel.
Transat in town: carte blanche concert at DMZ
This Saturday, Transat en ville is organizing a new evening show on the Place de la Mairie with a carte blanche given to the DMZ* association. Thus, La Vilaine Radio will take place at 6 p.m., then at 8 p.m., Msath & L’Authentique will take over:
- La Vilaine Radio (6 p.m.): La Vilaine is the name of the canal that crosses the city of Rennes but also the name of an online community radio station. His team consists of Local DJs and beatmakers which guarantee you an eclectic musical selection of high quality, ranging from samba to techno. Rejoice, she leaves her favorite river for an evening to come and set the town hall square on fire!
- Msath & The Authentic (8 p.m.): Msath is rapper and producer, accustomed to open stages and Rennes freestyle sessions. L’Authentique, on the other hand, is a young rapper and gospel singer from Orleans. They offer to share the stage together and introduce the public to their values and their vision of the world. They depict through rap their questions and the human reality they face.
Since 2011, the association DMZ (Démozamau) has defended the values of the hip-hop movement − sharing, unity, diversity − and works for the democratization of musical practices.
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Actu Rennes in the My Actu space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.