By Writing Saint-Malo
See my news
After Jane Birkin in 2021, it’s actor and singer Lambert Wilson who does the honor of sponsoring the young British music festival Dinard Opening which, like the British Film Festival, celebrates the strong link that has united Dinard and Great Britain since the mid-19th century.
Stacey Kent, Barry Douglas, Tankus The Henge…
With English soprano Felicity Lott and pianist Jacqueline Bourgès-Manoury, Lambert Wilson sings on the theme “Darling, I love you!” “, this Thursday evening August 4 during a copening concert which is sold out.
The festival, which mixes all musical genres from classical to electro via rock, has many other events in store.
Until the closing concert on August 12, served this year by the jazz singer Stacey Kent who will invite “to travel the world according to the songs of his new album Song From Other Places“, the public can navigate between the “gonzo rock’n’roll” of the Londoners of Tankus The Hengethe vocal ensemble The King’s Singersa picnic concert in the park of Château Hébert around the group Gunwood or a piano recital by the Northern Irish performer Barry Douglas…
Big Love back in Port-Breton
In short, a celebration of the eclecticism of British music that will be completed by a free Dinard version of the Rennes electronic music festival Big LoveSunday, August 7, in Port-Breton.
It is also another particularity of the Dinard Opening to have multiplied the listening atmospheres which twirl between the Debussy theatre, Port-Breton, the Château-Hébert, the Anglican church.
The 10 highlights of the 2022 edition
- Thursday August 4th. At 8:30 p.m., at the Debussy theatre, recital with Lambert Wilson, Felicity Lott and Jacqueline Bourgès-Manoury. COMPLETE.
- Friday August 5th. At 8:30 p.m., at the Debussy theatre, Fiona Monbet (jazz). Prices: €25 / €21 / €15 for places with reduced visibility.
- Saturday August 6th. At 8:30 p.m., at the Debussy theatre, piano recital by Barry Douglas. Prices: €25 / €21 / €15 for places with reduced visibility.
- Sunday August 7th. From 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Port-Breton Park, Big Love electronic music festival. Free.
- Sunday August 7th. At 8:30 p.m., at the Debussy theatre, vocal ensemble The King’s Singers. Prices: €30 / €26 / €15 for places with reduced visibility.
- Monday August 8. At 7 p.m., picnic concert in Château Hébert park, with Gunwood (folk/rock). Prices: €15 / €11.
- Tuesday August 9th. At 6 p.m., at the Anglican Church, Tea Time Concert with the Renard ensemble of the Royal Academy of Music. Prices: €15 / €11.
- Wednesday August 10. At 8:30 p.m., at the Debussy theatre, World music Hâl by Keyvan Chemirani. Prices: €25/€21/€15 for places with reduced visibility.
- Thursday August 11. At 9 p.m., on the forecourt of Port-Breton, Tankus the Henge (rock). Prices: €20 / €16.
- Friday August 12. At 9 p.m., on the forecourt of Port-Breton, Stacy Kent (jazz). Prices: €40 / €36.
The festival ticket office is open on the sites of the City of Dinard and the festival, at the Dinard tourist office and on the France-Billet network of the FNAC. The full prices for the concerts range from 15 to 40 € with the possibility of reduction and free admission granted to children under 12 years old. Two passes are offered: one for access to three concerts (€57), the other for four concerts (€112).
Was this article helpful to you? Note that you can follow Le Pays Malouin in the My News space. In one click, after registration, you will find all the news of your favorite cities and brands.